Graduate Program Overview
CS@Mines graduate degrees will prepare you for careers in industry, government, or academia. You’ll experience academic rigor and depth while addressing real-world problems. Choose the degree that fits your needs with online and in-person options.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Science – Thesis, Non-Thesis Project, or Non-Thesis Coursework
- Post-Baccalaureate Professional Computer Science Certificate
- Graduate Certificate in CyberSecurity for Cyber Physical Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science – Foundations
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science – Computer Science
CS@Mines offers a combined BS/MS degree program for Mines undergraduates which allows students to complete an MS in just one additional year. This provides an expedited graduate school application process and allows students to begin graduate coursework while still finishing their Mines undergraduate degree requirements. Learn more about the BS+MS in Computer Science.
CS@Mines Bridge provides a direct path to a CS Master’s degree for non-CS majors. Students in the CS@Mines Bridge cohort will complete foundational undergraduate courses in one year to prepare for Master’s level coursework. Learn more about CS@Mines Bridge through our website or flyer.
Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs
Online Certificates in CS
Our new online (or in-person) certificates offer flexible ways to advance your career.
CS Research Areas
- Algorithmic Robotics
- Applied Algorithms
- Augmented Reality
- CS For All
- High Performance Computing
- Machine Learning
- Networked Systems
In many cases, individual projects span multiple research areas.