- Fueling his desire to learn, this Mines student transitions from petroleum to programming
- Improving the human-robot relationship, one successful conversation at a time
Should an autonomous robot ever ask for advice? Computer Science Assistant Professor Tom Williams is tackling that question and more in an effort to improve human-robot interactions.
- Making crowdworking more efficient, ethical, fair and trustworthy
Computer Science's Chuan Yue is leading a $1 million National Science Foundation project aimed at improving conditions for workers and job requesters alike on popular crowdsourcing platforms such …
- Putting ‘Pepto’ into the belly of a boiler
Hao Zhang, assistant professor of computer science, and an interdisciplinary team of researchers are building a smart robot to inspect and repair power plant boilers.
- “Bat vision” isn't just for comic book heroes any more
Developing machine learning-enabled acoustic imaging for first responders will represent a major advancement in mine rescue, which is surprisingly low-tech in some ways.
- Natalie Kalin: "I want to work on technologies that help shape the world in a positive way."
Tell us about your recent internship. What excited you about it and what did you do? This summer, I worked with Canvas Technology (which was acquired by Amazon Robotics right before I started). The co …
- Yang wins Bennett Prize from IEEE Communications Society
Dejun Yang, associate professor of computer science at Colorado School of Mines, is the 2019 winner of the William R. Bennett Prize from the IEEE Communications Society. Yang was recognized for " …
- Mines launching new master’s degree in data science
Launching this fall, the Data Science graduate program at Mines will address the unique needs of data-driven discovery and data-supported decision making, offering rigorous training in computer scienc …
- Mines students roll to victory in IEEE Robotics Competition
On the surface, the task facing students at the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Region 5 Student Robotics Competition was simple: Design a robot that could navigate obstacles, …
- Mines honored for increasing women’s participation in CS
The Mines Department of Computer Science is the grand prize recipient of the 2019 NCWIT Extension Services Transformation (NEXT) Award, the nonprofit organization announced. Powered by NCWIT with supp …