Transfer Students

We look forward to welcoming you to CS@Mines!

Applying to transfer to CS@Mines

Students must submit their request to the registrar/transfer office. They have a list of previously approved/denied courses so they’d be able to give a response to the student regarding transferable credits. If it’s a new course that hasn’t been reviewed before, then they verify it’s from an accredited institution. They’d also do the credit hour equivalence (if a non-US institution). If the credits can be accepted for transfer, then it goes to the department for equivalency review.    

Transfer Admissions Page

Transferring Credit to CS@Mines

The Registrar’s Office has created a transfer guide for interested students who are taking courses through a community college that we have an articulation agreement with. Colorado School of Mines has formal agreements with Red Rocks Community College, Front Range Community College, Pikes Peak Community College, Community College of Aurora, Arapahoe Community College and Community College of Denver. If you have taken a course that is not part of an articulation agreement, it is NOT guaranteed to transfer.

B.S. Computer Science Transfer Guide

CS Transfer Curriculum Flow Chart

Have more questions? 

The university offers virtual advising sessions: