CS@Mines Student Organizations
Welcoming All Students
- ACM is a Mines student run chapter that hosts tech talks, programming competitions and creates projects for the Mines campus and beyond.
- ACM-W is a student run chapter that celebrates and supports women in computing. Their goal is to bridge the “tech-gap” & encourage diversity in STEM.
- LUG is a student organization of Linux users and enthusiasts. LUG’s goal is to be the center of knowledge for everything Linux in the Mines community.
- The Robotics Club is dedicated to learning and advancing the future of robotics through its various teams that go around the country to compete in robotics design challenges.
- The Mines Sports Analytics Club (MSAC) is a community of sports enthusiasts who are looking to apply their technical interests to their passions in sports.
- The Data Analytix Association @ Mines (DAAM) is an organization that was created to provide a platform for students at Mines to learn about data analytics, connect with colleagues and professionals, and showcase their projects outside of the classroom.
- The Mines Game Development Club (MGDC) is a club that teaches students fundamental skills required to develop video games on a range from beginner to advanced. The club will hold creative workshops and work sessions where club members are invited to develop their video games.
- The Colorado School of Mines Cyber-Security Club (OreSec) competes in national cyber defense competitions and hosts student-led talks on topics of computer security, cryptography, and more.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF BEING PART OF A STUDENT ORG?
- Exhibit responsible decision-making and accountability for themselves and peers
- Develop critical and reflective thinking abilities throughout their programmatic efforts
- Exhibit the ability to work effectively with those different from themselves
- Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics and effective teamwork
- Develop a range of leadership skills and abilities such as effectively leading change, resolving conflict and motivating others
- Grow in understanding of organizational knowledge from a range of areas including policies, procedures, finances, planning and more.